I’m joining the Nester for Price My Space.
I decided to share my Master Bedroom with you all and the breakdown of what it cost!
I can't believe I am really going to tell you what I spent on every little thing.... but here goes.
1. Panels- I made them from $1 a yard Antique Satin and lined them with white bed sheets. I used about 5 yards of fabric here and two twin flat sheets. Total for panels:$15
2. The rods were Target brand, but got them at GoodWill (GW) for $5 each and two sets of ring clips also on another GW trip for $1.99 a pack. $14 (I rounded up on the ring clips!)
3. I also found this starburst mirror at GW (How would I decorate my house without it?!!) for $15. One of the “bursts” was broken, but all I had to do was superglue it back.
4. I found this lamp and shade at another resale/thrift store for $10.
5. This lamp is a golden glass lamp. It is the same shape as the one on the other side table, but a little more feminine. It was $10 for the lamp at the same resale shop and $14 for the shade at Walmart.
6. I fell in LOVE with this bed when we lived in CA. We bought it there along with a monster sectional (that’s another story). It was $899, I think. Kind of pricey, but it’s a king size, a really nice piece and we loved it so it was totally worth the price tag.
7. When we moved to TN, we were looking for side tables and a dresser or armoire to match the bed. We had been using some cheap put-it-together-your-self-crap that really didn’t look too great after we bought it, but really looked horrible after moving it across country...twice. So, we were on the hunt! We found these side tables that were actually long lost relatives of the bed at a great furniture store called BF Myers. They were $499 each.
8. The bedding- I always had bed in a bag type bedding until about 2 years ago when I decided to go all white...well mostly white. I bought the duvet cover, shams, and sheet set at Kmart for less than $30.
9. Paint color is Behr Cumberland Fog (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!) $20 a gallon??? I think can’t really remember. I think the two round medallions and the cone-shaped container were from Kirklands around $5 a piece. The faux roses were recycled from an old arrangement.
10. Back to the bed the orange silk pillows were I think $12 at Walmart and the middle brown silk patterned pillow was $5 at GW
11. Dresser - another relative of the bed! $719
Mirror from Walmart for $39
12. Accessories- votive candle holder from Southern Living at Home for around $30, urn $5 along time ago...can’t remember where but there’s a hole in the back (NESTER, please don’t look at my fauxliage....I almost didn’t post this pic because I just read your post the other day on ivy! You are definitely right! I would much rather have real plants, but I kill them. If only I would water them, they’d probably live! )
13. Zebra chair- bought chair at GW for $10 after restaining and recovering it, the total ended up being about $25 You can see that transformation here . The blue silk pillow is from a resale shop for $10.
14. side table- originally from Target, I think, but I bought it at GW for $10. The topiary (does that count as fauxliage, Nester? I need your honest, professional opinion!!) well, I can’t remember where I got it either. I think it was Hobby Lobby and it was under $10. On the wall are framed pics of my kids at the beach- $25 counting the frame and the print was a wedding gift- so FREE!!
Okay, going back to the side table.... at first I had this one by the chair....
but then, after I took the pic, I wasn’t sure I liked it so I replaced it with this one...
Now, I can’t decide which one I like best. What do you think?? They both were $10, so it doesn’t change the price...so what is the total price of my master bedroom??
A whopping $2952...if I added right. That’s not too bad considering $2616 of it was the bed, dresser and side tables. Only $336 was spent on the decorations.
I must say that it was actually pretty neat to actually put to paper what I’ve spent in this room. I feel like I made good decisions on the things that I choose to spend more money on. It’s my fave room in the house, that’s for sure!
By the way, did you know you can make your pictures look like a blue print using photobucket?
I just thought that was cool! Maybe it's just me...
Be sure to visit the Nester to find how much other peep’s rooms cost!