Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Before and After: Our progress so far on our house...


Living room before


After



Kris built these panels to frame out the television and give some interest to the long wall.



We needed a small desk for the kitchen. Being on a budget, I found this one at a thrift store for $15.


After a little paint, stain and drawer pulls, it is perfect for our laptop!


Kitchen before

After
There used to be a flush mount light fixture over the island. We found a fixture we really liked at a Home Improvement store. After looking around for some other things, we found this fixture that was very similar to the other one but 1/4 the price! The only problem is, it was cream and we wanted a black one. A can of spray paint later, we had this and loved it more than the original one we'd picked out. The chandelier over the table was originally in our dining room, minus the shades.

Master Bedroom before

After

I made the curtain panels in our master bedroom from this light blue antique satin that cost less than $1 a yard. I matched the paint to the panels. It is such a soothing room!
Dining Room before
After

In the dining room, we had wainscoting put up and a chair rail with the chocolate paint on top. It is perfect with the teal silk drapes. Kris changed out the chandelier and built the columns in the entryway.


Besides paint, we added crown molding to the entire bottom floor. Kris and I have had fun making our house a home! We have a lot more to do. I'll post more pictures as we finish more rooms.

11 comments:

the hero formerly known as super said...

you'd be a great house flipper.

Vanessa said...

Well thanks, Suz.

The Brown Family said...

Vanessa, Please come help me decorate! You have talent!

Stephanie said...

you all did great. so cute....wanna come help me. We just painted but I stink at accessories and stuff.

Vanessa said...

Anytime, girls! I love decorating!!

Vanessa said...

Sure, girls, anytime!!

Kristin said...

Beautiful house, Vanessa! Wow!

really.truly said...

came from Edie's blog....you did a fantastic job with your house. It's a beautiful home!!

edie said...

Oh my dear, what wonderful changes you made! You have great vision and decorating taste. Thanks so much for joining the party!

Much love to you and yours,
edie

Vanessa said...

Thanks, ladies. It is a work in progress!

Chrissy said...

Awesome backsplash! Thanks for stopping by my blog. So glad to see this in someone else's home. It looks great! I'd be half tempted to do it in my home now, if I wasn't so frustrated with the tiles initially pulling off. I love them after we finally got them adhered! Your home is just beautiful!