Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sleepless nights


Well, Brady is 4 1/2 months old now. He's growing so fast. I think the time goes by so much faster with the third. Even though he is not still a newborn, he has reverted back to his newborn ways. For the past 6 nights, he has been waking up 4-5 times a night. I know that only 1 or maybe 2 of these times, he is waking up because he is hungry. The other times, he is just trying to get himself back to sleep. He is a little bit of a blanket baby. He has gotten into the habit of putting a blanket to his face to go to sleep for naps. I am scared to let him have a blanket at night because of SIDS. I started yesterday giving him a little baby washcloth and that has helped. I also started feeding him every three hours instead of every four during the day to try and make sure he is full. That has seem to help, too. Last night, I fed him at 11 and then he slept until 2:40 and then didn't wake up again until 5:30. Now he's back to sleep. So, hopefully some more restful nights are in my future! I sure hope so because I have only been getting about 2 hours of sleep at a time and a person can only last so long at that!! I am trying to remember to treasure each moment, even if I am tired.

No comments: