Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Untitled

It's been several days since I've had a post. My grandmother called to ask why I hadn't had a blog post since January 7th. So, I thought I better write one! (Love you, Grandma!)

We have been SUPER busy in our house. We painted the kitchen, painted the living room, painted and installed wainscoting in the foyer, moved my youngest son out of shared room with older brother into guest room, and installed beadboard in youngest son's new room. And of course, with all the rearranging, that meant we had to redecorate oldest son's room and youngest son's room. Whew! That was a lot! So, I have a lot of projects to share, but every time I wanted to write a post last week, I couldn't help but think of the devastation the people of Haiti are experiencing. Like many have said in the blog world, it just felt futile and insensitive to talk about anything besides Haiti. When I was stressed trying to finish up projects and get my house back into some sort of order, God reminded me...you have a HOUSE! It's amazing how easily we can forget how blessed we are. When thinking of Haiti, a line from a song that our worship leader wrote keeps coming to mind...

"I see the poor and I see the broken. How can I sit here and do nothing?"

Yeah, I'll get back to posting about diy projects, decorating, recipes and just plain life, but Haiti will still be on my mind.






2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, man. Haiti weighs sooo heavily on me too. I was thinking about posting a baking recipe ...and then I couldn't bring myself to do it. Baking in the midst of extreme tragedy ?

It's hard.... but God is good. Change is beginning to happen & help is more visable.

Post pics when you can of your updates! We'd love to see them!

Jodie said...

I know what you mean. I bought a new scrapbook this week and kind of fought myself on it to start with. Then when I got home, my Bible literally had fallen open to the passage about "I was hungry and you fed me". So, I took the scrapbook back today and I'm sending the $ to Haiti somehow. I can scrap later!