I almost forgot that Nester is having another Price My Space party. I had to work fast, but I got something ready to post. I think it is so interesting to see what other people pay for their decor. It's fun to share bargains that I've found along the way. So, here, you go, here's my little girl's room:
1. The brushed chrome curtain rod and rings came from Home Depot several years ago for about $25. I made the curtain panels out of white silk and pink linen. I used sheets for the lining and the fabric was on sale so they were about $10 a panel.
2. The dresser was bought at a thrift store for $100. It is solid wood and I LOVE the lines! It is definitely in need of a new paint job! I painted it with some leftover paint almost 4 years ago. The lamp was another GW find for $10. Small green frame was $1. The runner is actually two placemats also for $1. The other items were gifts.
3. The bedding: Quilt $40 and bed skirt $5 on clearance at Bombay kids. I made the green sham - for $3 in fabric, hot pink pillow was $5 from GW and the purple bolster pillow was $15 at a fabric store. The white pillow was a gift and the pink polka dotted quilt at the foot of the bed was a gift from Grandma. The head board was $5 at a thrift store. I painted it white when I painted the dresser and added $5 worth of pink vinyl in the inset. It’s hard to see in the picture. The “princess tent” as we call it was $5 at GW.
4. The bench was $30 at Unclaimed baggage. It came with a pink cushion, but I covered it with a green checked Pottery Barn curtain panel for $5 ( also bought at Unclaimed).
5. The side table also came from Unclaimed on another trip for $30 ( I have a lot of $30
furniture pieces...weird.) There’s another of the pink placemats. The lamp I bought recently at GW for $7. The purse frame was $1 at Hobby Lobby. I painted the canvas above the lamp. The cost for it was about $8.
(Sorry, there aren't any numbers on this pic. I was having problems with the pictures!)
6. Bookcase came from a seconds store for $30. It is originally from Target. I bought the pink bins at Target for $10 each, the white one from Kmart for $19 and the purple one from GW for $5. Lamp- GW $5 I found the beaded trim in my stash and added it to the shade. The picture frame was from Hobby Lobby. I think it was around $5. The blue polka dot vase came from Dollar General for $1. I made the framed bulletin board for $6, You can see that project HERE. The pink chair also came from GW (originally from Target) for $10. Hot pink rug was $10 at GW.
7. It’s hard to see this pink shelf ( I didn’t have time to take new pics- only used ones I took for real estate purposes!) but it came from GW also for $5. All the accessories are baby memorabilia or something I already had except for an original painting I bought at a craft show for $15 that is on top and the green polka dot potted hydrangea that was $2 for the pot and $4 for the hydrangea. My floral designer mom hooked me up by putting it all together for me.
The only other items in the room was a round mirror bought at Hobby Lobby for $10, two white pegs for $3 each from Target, an "E" painted pink from GW for $2 and a cute little iron table and chairs that she got from Grandmom for Christmas.
So, the grand total for the room? $476
Wow, I am impressed until I added it all up, I didn't even know how much it cost! I love to watch Decorating Cents and think it is amazing what they can do with $500. I guess I can do it, too. Hop on over to the Nester's party and check out other people's places!