Friday, June 26, 2009

Catalina Chicken

Okay, you’ll remember that I made a post the other day about my 10 month old B learning to climb the stairs. Well, yesterday morning, I was deep into paying bills and updating the check book register online. B was in the living room with K and E. He was playing in the floor while the older kids watched cartoons. I was on the phone with Kris, when I looked over at the spot where B had been and he was GONE! After calling out for him (did I think he was going to answer?) and looking all over the house, I found him UPSTAIRS in the bonus room. I couldn’t believe that he’d crawled all the way up the steps by himself and so quickly. So now, we have a chair turned over sideways in front of the stairs. What a morning!

Well, last night, I made one of my new favorite dishes: Catalina Chicken. My friend, Caree shared it with me and it has quickly become an easy go-to meal at our house! I thought I would share it with you today!

Ingredients you will need: boneless skinless chicken breast, catalina dressing, and cranberry sauce. Yeah, that's it!!

Cut up the chicken into cubes and brown for a few minutes on each side in EVOO.



I used about half a can of cranberry sauce and a little over half a bottle of catalina dressing for 2 1/2 chicken breasts.
Mix together cranberry sauce and dressing with a whisk.
Add chicken

Transfer into a baking dish and cook for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


We like it served over white rice!!


I'm telling you, it is some kind of good!! It's a sweet and sour taste.

Kris liked it!



And so did E!!


She asked for seconds and thirds! Hope you guys will try it sometime! We're off to Auburn this weekend. War Eagle!!

3 comments:

Laura Forman said...

sounds yummy! if only i had catalina dressing and cranberry sauce :) i made a home made chocolate cream pie this week...wish you were here to have some, it was so good clark and i finished it in two days! :) can't wait to hear about auburn...maybe we can talk monday your time? love you!

Kristin Aune said...

Making this tonight! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it!

Jodie said...

Ask Kris if it's as good as Kim San's "Hunan Chicken"???