Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My baby boy is 9 months old...

My baby boy is 9 months old!!! And yes, he is wearing an Alabama cap. We are NOT Alabama fans, but this is the most recent pic of him and I thought he looked cute getting "caught" wearing the wrong team's hat! I can't believe it! It has gone by so fast. It won't be long and we'll be having a big birthday bash! I've been meaning to post pics of his nursery now that I have it done, so I thought now might be a good time!

Sorry about the "ghost" in the pics. Not sure what caused that! This rocker was given to me. Man, do I wish I had a before pic of it! It was beat up oak (very technical design term, huh?). It was really awful and it had burgundy cushions on it. It looked so bad that I almost didn't take it. Man, am I glad that I did!! My grandmother spray painted it a nice chocolate brown and I made slipcovers for the cushions out of some white canvas my mom gave me. I also already had the brown ribbon I sewed on for accent. So, the whole project only cost me whatever the paint cost...so a few dollars I guess.
Most of this stuff, I already had in some other part of my house. The two fabric covered boxes, I bought at Target for about $10 each (they matched the bedding so I had to have them!). The lamp was $5 at GW (Goodwill) and the shade was $1.99 at Old Time Pottery. I had matching framed handprints of my other two kids and of course I couldn't leave my baby boy out! I was so excited to find this frame (above the bookcase) for $3.00 also at GW. So now little brother has his handprint on the wall, too.
This turned out to be one of my favorite spots in his room. The dresser used to be in the Master before we got new furniture. Lamp was about $8 from GW again. I spray painted the shade. It was blue before. I bought the "say your prayers" plaque at Ross. Can't remember how much it was, but I know it was under $10. I LOVED the brown polka dot tin on the shelf when I saw it at Target. Loved it even more when I saw the price tag that read $3 and some change. The shelf and picture frame are also from GW. Can't remember how much they were, but they were cheap.
It's hard to see this corner. Not the best design plan, but I really needed to fit a twin bed in here! This is the best I could do. The bed skirt is from Target, but I bought it NIP at GW for $10. The duvet and sham is from Target for $30. I also bought the b at GW. It was one of those gold letters that comes from Hobby Lobby. I think it was $1.99/ The canvases, I already had. I used a sticker set that matched the crib bedding to make some cheap art.
I made the valance out of some fabric I bought at an outlet and some I already had. The crib and bedding came from Target, not on sale....unfortunately! The rug came from GW and was $10.

2 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

So cute! When we looked at the house we bought, there was a nursery and it has the circle Target stuff that you had on the twin bed and the pillow that's on the rocker at the theme.

Laura Forman said...

Hey! Is that Konnor's old bed?? Did he get a new one?? Love the room! :)