Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Living Room

I told you a few weeks ago that we'd been on a painting spree. Well, I have finally have some pics to show for it!

Here's a pic of our living room before we moved in. Loved the previous owner's aqua sofa and loveseat- although it would be very impractical, to me because I like to stick with more neutral colors on the big ticket items! It makes it MUCH easier to change your mind on the colors you use!

Then, this is after we moved in and put all our stuff in the house. Just adding the drapes made a huge difference in breaking up the mass of cream in the room. We knew that we wanted to paint, but also knew it would be a big job since this is a two story vaulted ceiling.

We choose a khaki with grey undertones. We call it weimaraner.

We also did some rearranging. We had the sofa floating in the room previously, which I loved. But my hubby likes things more spread out, so I gave it a try.

Here's the fireplace wall before:

I wanted to break up all the weimaraner color, so I pulled out a can of light aqua paint that we used in our old house. We actually painted our fireplace wall in that house this same color and we loved it!! So we tried it again!

It's very subtle in the pics, but definitely gives a little punch!
Here's a little corner in front of the staircase, before:

And after:

Here's the stair case area before (with previous owner's furniture):

I had a couple of ideas of what to put on this wall and finally decided on using the many black frames that I had. It took a while to get the layout that I wanted, but I am happy with it. I like that I can add to it throughout the years!

So there's the living room! There are still several things in here that I don't like and will be tweaking for sure!

P.S. I don't know why my pics are so blurry! I haven't been very pleased with my camera lately. I also don't have a lens without zoom, so it's hard to get a good wide shot!

I'm linking here!


2 comments:

Haverford House said...

Love the *after* pictures! Your home looks beautiful! ~Marcy

Laura Forman said...

Thank you friend for posting pictures!! :) The living room looks great!!! Now, I can't wait to see the rest of the house!!!