Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not exactly what I wanted

I was looking for some sconces to go on either side of my round mirror that hangs over my couch. I couldn't find what I was looking for (unless I wanted to pay an arm and a leg for them!). So I settled on these.

Not exactly what I wanted.
They were okay for $15 for the pair, but it was one of those times where I thought I probably just bought them because the price was right, the size was right and I was sick of looking at the empty space. I kept the box and receipt handy because I was sure I would take them back. I didn't mind the design so much, but the color wasn't working for me. My colors are browns, tans and aquas. Not this green color. So, with a little acrylic paint and some antiquing gel , I gave them a little makeover.

I think they go much better with my color scheme, and they bring a little color to the wall. (Don't mind the basketball on top of the bookcase. It was put away to keep kids from fighting over it and I forgot to take it down!)

Linking to: Today's Creative Blog and The Shabby Chic Cottage.


4 comments:

Megan said...

They look great!

Frugal Home Designs said...

They look so pretty. Great job.

Reese said...

They look wonderful!! Awesome job :)

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

What a way to get what you want!! Good work!