Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Valentine's Day Celebration!

Okay, so I'm a little late sharing about our family Valentine's Day party, but better late than never, right?

I dug out the decorations I used for last year's celebration.

I added the little mailboxes (for some reason, I didn't take a close up pic of them.) that I think everyone in blogland bought at the dollar spot in Target. I had intentions of cutting out the kids' names in vinyl with my silhouette, but I wimped out and just used stickers. Each family member made a valentine card for each other and we delivered them to the mailboxes. This year, we just used left over valentine cards that the kids didn't use for their classmates. Next year, I'm hoping to think ahead enough to have the kids make hand-made cards for each other. It definitely kept them busy while I was getting dinner ready, though. I always take any advantage I get to encourage the kids (mainly Konnor and Emma!) to say/do something nice for each other!

For dinner, we decided to have a Papa Murphy heart-shaped pizza. For $5, you can't beat it!

After eating pizza, we opened our valentines from each other.

Emma got some shoes and tights for her American girl doll. **Side Note--For you moms who have daughters with these dolls, did you know that Michael's and Hobby Lobby both have clothes and accessories for 18 inch dolls? With the 40% off coupons that always seem to be available for these stores, you can get a pretty sweet deal!**


Konnor (great pic of the top of his head, huh?) got a new Percy Jackson book that he'd been wanting.

Brady got a green truck that he picked out that day at Target. He was happy. That boy loves trucks.

For dessert, we had chocolate pudding with pink sugar sprinkles.

My hubby and I ate our chocolate pudding out of the champagne glasses we used at our wedding. I know...awwww. My wonderful husband brought some beautiful pink roses home, which were the same kind he gave me on our first Valentine's Day together when we were sophomores in high school!

He brought one home for this girl, too!

All in all, it was a great day!

In non-Valentine's Day news, last weekend, we totally rearranged our house. You read that right, not a room, not a few rooms, every room in our house except the dining room, kitchen and master. It was pretty much nuts, but we LOVE it! Everything's not totally in it's place, but I will definitely post about it soon!


No comments: