Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mexican Lasagna and Football

We've been really busy lately with flag football...

K is the one faking the hand-off. The Panthers are undefeated after their first two games and I think K has scored 3-4 touchdowns and several extra points. Kris coaches and I'm still unsure who is enjoying it more- my husband or my son!

I've done lots of projects in the house, but no pics to show you. I begin to wonder if it will ever be done!

Anyway, I wanted to share a quick recipe. I haven't made it in like 5 years probably, until last weekend and now I'm wondering why I waited so long!!

Here it is:

Mexican Lasagna

floured tortillas
refried beans
taco sauce
taco seasoning mix
ground beef
cheddar or mexican blend shredded cheese

Toppings: sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, corn chips, avocado, olives, ....whatever you want!

Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain beef and add taco seasoning and water. Simmer.
In a casserole dish, layer ingredients as follows- tortillas, refried beans, ground beef, taco sauce, cheese. Continue layering until dish is full with last layer being cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.

I don't have a picture, but let me just tell you, it is GOOD! My kids loved it, too, which is always a plus!


2 comments:

Lisa G said...

I recognize those fellas! Love the recipe!

Laura Forman said...

That sounds yummy!! I might have to make that...one day.