Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been a while!

Okay, so I started this blog two months ago, and this is the first time I have updated it! Of course, I do have an excuse! I had a baby, my oldest started kindergarten and I think we have had company every other weekend since then! It has been busy! We have enjoyed every bit of it, though! I was just thinking last week when I was talking to Laura (my college roommate and BFF for those who don't know..I know BFF is so 8th grade!!) that I needed to do something with my blog. Laura is like the queen of blogging and keeping up with everyone, so I was encouraged to do better! Luckily, I think Laura, Susie and Kris are the only ones who even know I started a blog, so I think I'm okay! I haven't publicized it yet! I wanted to wait until it was decent to look at! Like I said, in my first post, I was bored the day I started it! I haven't had a chance to get "bored" since then! Life with three children is fun. Of course, Brady is pretty easy. He eats and sleeps, mostly. The biggest difference is that fear when you arrive at the grocery store and think "Oh, did I get Brady?" He's so quiet, and with the other two kids, I'm scared of leaving him somewhere.

Okay, so here is a funny story, maybe not something I should share, but what the heck! (Is that appropriate for a minister's wife to say?) I got a call from Konnor's teacher last Thursday that he was complaining of an ear infection. I dropped Emma off at a friend's house and went to pick up Konnor- Brady was with me- didn't forget him! Well, we went to the doctor's appointment and sure enough he had an infection. Well, we went back to the van (Yes, I have a van. I know...not high on the cool factor, but I have THREE kids!). I strapped Brady in his seat and Konnor buckled himself. I cranked the van, checked my mirrors, turned around and looked out the back window and then started backing up. Suddenly, I heard, "OH!" I stopped immediately and saw in my rear view window a young lady, looking quite startled. I quickly got out of the van and asked her if she was okay and she said that she was. She said she was sorry and that it was her fault because she was talking on her cellphone and digging in her purse and NOT paying attention. So she left. I called Kris to tell him about Konnor's ear and that I had hit a lady. What a day. Well, I have to go and get some groceries, so that is all for today. I'm going to try and add some pictures this afternoon. We'll see...maybe it won't be two more months before I post again!

2 comments:

Laura Forman said...

Okay, this makes me laugh!! :) I can't believe that I haven't heard this story yet!! I am excited that you are posting more, how fun!! And I love the background, good job!!!! :)

the hero formerly known as super said...

nice. way to hit someone! i was hesitating about adding you to my blog list because you hadn't posted in so long. nice background. looks like a scrapbook. totally you.