Monday, August 17, 2009

A great find

I had to share what I found this weekend.



I love to go and browse a local antique store. I don't get to do it very often since it isn't very kid-friendly. But, with K and E at school and preschool, it was definitely doable to put Baby B in the stroller and shop a little! Of all the times I have been in this place, I have NEVER bought anything. I usually just go and look and think about what I would do with something IF I bought it. There is one particular booth that I would always find something I liked. I always get excited when I get close to it to see what treasures I might find. Well, this time was no different...I turned the corner to find this beauty.

You may be thinking, "beauty?" No, I don't need glasses. I see the rust and the dirt, but this thing was only $15!!!

I had to have it. I knew that my husband would probably think I was crazy. You guys probably do, too. But, I could see this in a bathroom to hold towels and toiletries. Or, in the laundry room for extra detergent and all those other things that end up in there. It could hold linens or crafts.

Right now it has some of my extra decorative pieces that I am not currently using and some playdoh.

But, I think what I am going to do with it is paint a red and try to find some locker plates and put it in my son's room. It's funny because when he saw it, he asked what it was and I said, "Well, I was thinking of painting it..." I didn't even finish the sentence and he said, "and make it like a locker?!" So, there you go, I guess it will be a locker!

I'm thinking of painting it red kind of like this one...

product image


Of course, this locker is a lot cooler than mine, but the price tag is not! It's $590!
I go definitely go for this blue color, too. It's $680. I guess the blue paint is more expensive??



product image


I am chomping at the bit to start on this thing, but I know that I need to wait as we have our house up for sale and it probably would not be a good idea to have a big diy project going. So, it will have to sit in our garage and wait patiently for me to transform it.

I'm linking to Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures party. Go check it out!

2 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

I like it and think you can make it charming. I hope you will come over and post it at my KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party.

Come for a visit.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

It will look great!

I like the blue!