Monday, June 29, 2009

Transformation

I transformed a couple thrifty finds recently into treasures! I found this picture frame at GW for $2.99. I originally bought it to use as a picture frame, but decided to make a message board for my daughter's room.


I just loved the detail...


I loved the black, but decided to spray paint it cream to match E's room.


Then I cut down a cork tile I had to fit the opening in the frame.


I wrapped the cork in the fabric. I just used painter's tape to hold in place.


Next, I fit the fabric covered cork in the back of the frame.



I also added a ribbon hanger.

I glued some buttons on some clear tacks to dress them up a bit!!



I also found this little wooden box for $1.00.




It was pretty hideous, but I took a cue from it's original condition and turned it into this:



I painted and distressed it and then used my mom's Cricut (LOVE this thing!!) to cut out the monogram and brackets in vinyl. I absolutely love how this turned out. There are so many uses for this little tote! Right now, it is sitting on my dryer and catching loose change and lonely socks. I'm sure it will find a more suitable place soon!

When I take someone else's trash and turn it into my treasure, it reminds me of how God takes all our "garbage"- our sins, burdens and hang-ups and uses them to transform us and make us more like him. I pray that I am always willing to be inconvenienced for His sake!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Go over to Rhoda's and Susan's to check out other's thrifty finds and makeovers!


[One+on+sidebar.jpg]

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

your projects are great! I never thought about using that cork stuff in a frame.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE what you did with your items!! That frame inspires me to do the same for my girly but it will hold her hair clippies. can I steal your wooden basket? It is TOO cute! :-)

Amy Lynne said...

Love the frame and the tote. What wonderful transformations!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great transformations

★Carol★ said...

You transformed both of these pieces into little works of art! Love them both, and you are very creative!

PAT said...

Wonderful projects!!!

Suzanne in TX said...

Love your ideas! So creative! Hope to see you over at my blog someday soon...

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great projects!!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Stephanie said...

I love all your projects. it is truly your gift, to see the beauty in all things. Great job...wanna go shopping with me :)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Wow! I love both projects! Great ideas!

Kammy said...

You are a woman after my own heart !
I love to turn stuff around too !
Great job and I love what you did !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Unknown said...

Great transformations... and I too love the detail on that frame! Really pretty! Stop by my blog for my 100th post giveaway if you get a chance!
Have a great week!
~Really Rainey~

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Great finds and even better transformations!

Brittany said...

the little wooden box turned out great!!